Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2nd Post

Well, summer is almost gone but we are always so busy. We have had so much fun this past month with our families and each other. I will add pictures in the next couple of days (basically, when I get time to load them into the computer). Anyways, here are some fun things we did...

Starkey Reunion:
This was done in Layton, Ut this year rather than Meadow, Ut near Fillmore. Gunnar had a blast having so many kids around him. We enjoyed watching him getting attention from his loving cousins. One of the days we went to Surf n Swim with the gang which was a blast. Then, one of the nights we played ping pong at our house until early morning which I am still the champ, baby! Things were changed a bit because normally there is a Starkey baseball game but it was the little tikes having the fun with Jay Starkey being the pitcher. Gunnar played for a bit until it was his bedtime. The next day we played the Starkey Basketball Game which was lots of fun then did the Starkey Raffle which is always a blast. We didn't win anything this year although I bought $30 worth of tickets hoping to win a homemade chess set out of nuts and bolts made by Dusty Draper. I should have just given him the $30 to make me one, ha ha.

July4th:
This was one long day but it ended great! We started by meeting the Petersen's (Davin and Kara) at the Kaysville Parade and watched one the best local parades around. Then, we went over to have lunch at their parents house where the women made homemade Cafe Rio pork salad, very yummy with Margie making homemade ice cream roll (That was awesome!). If you notice, I am a food person...ha ha--if there is good food then the whole event is awesome! We then left to Provo to the Stadium of Fire where we watched our favorite Hannah Montana...jk, we had never heard any of her songs until we went there and actually Gunnar didn't like the loud sounds so I took him for a walk under the stadium. Then, after the 2 hr ride home because of traffic we finally climbed in to bed.

Geez, there is so much more but I am drawing a blank. We finally got our lawn in but dont have the extra thousands of dollars for trees, bushes, etc. so maybe that will be next year. We look forward to having our neighbors and friends over for BBQing. I have the world's best bbq being a Traegger Grill--its awesome! Anways, Taryn and I's date night is every Wed being tonight and we are going to have one of my favorites...all you can eat sushi and Benihana's with some friends.

Also, football season is almost here - GO COUGS!!!

3 comments:

Rick and Angie said...

I am with u on the Cougars! Go BYU! Your family reunion sounds so fun - we need to start hosting a zieglowsky one...ha ha ha

Adam and Rachel said...

Yeah we are sad summer is over! I feel like we haven't seen Taryn or Gunnar FOREVER! We haven't even seen your yard! We should just come by on Adam's days off sometime. Love ya!

Bob and Julie said...

Sounds like a great summer!! I'll have to make sure that I remember to have good food around if I invite you to a party! :) That's awesome that you got your lawn in...that's A LOT of grass!!! You need to post some pictures. I'm sure it's beautiful and totally changes the look of your house!